Monday, April 15, 2024

Feeling creeped out!

“Where am I? Stepford?” The other day, I was shopping for a necklace to wear to my cousins wedding so I decided to shop for one at Anthropolgie. I don’t normally shop there as it is pretty pricey but I felt that my cousins wedding was a special occasion that I wanted to dress up for. Unfortunately The Forum shopping center near me and definitely Anthropologie attract a more affluent snooty crowd that I don’t normally surround myself around. But the other day, I wondered if I had mistakenly taken a wrong turn into Stepford. I mean, me and my friends have joked that the stereotypical Encinitas mom is skinny, blonde, and wearing a (beachy vibe) trucker hat. It’s just that in San Diego, blondes are a dime a dozen. If you are not a natural blonde, you’re trying to be. But the wealthy snooty almost evil vibes coming off the other women I encountered at Anthrologie was insane! I felt like Susan Sarandon shopping at the grocery store in the Witches of Eastwick and everyone was just staring at her and gossiping about her , as she walked by. It was so small town! Like what’s with the dirty looks women? What is your problem? It’s giving, San Diego is so prejudiced! Are you looking me up and down because you wish you had curly hair or because I am not giving “Stepford wife” in my look and style?  Get over yourself, ladies! Don’t try and stare at me as if  I don’t belong and quit looking me up and down! Sheesh! Haters! I do feel like a dark and ethically different looking woman here in San Diego. I’m not sure where I fit in but I am certainly not interested in conversating with any of those rich bitches. Being a nice person is very high on my list for a friend requirement. I absolutely refuse to be befriend the blonde, rich, probably MAGA Stepford wives who are in abundance at Anthropologie and Thh Forum Shopping Center near me.

No comments:

Post a Comment