Wednesday, September 27, 2017

People who are schizoaffective or schizophrenic are very sensitive people. I am sensitive to racial tension and do not want to be called a racist. I have heard that the voices of other people tell them that they are racist too. This blog may be perceived as racist because I am a Caucasian woman talking about Santeria. I am sorry if I am prejudiced and uninformed. I do not know the first thing about Santeria, but I think about it often. The voices actually tell me more about Santeria than I care to know. I cannot explain why I hear the voices of Venezuelan people in my head. I cannot stop talking about religion and comparing  Catholicism with Santeria. Some people with psychosis think they are Jesus. I am glad that I am not one of those people, but my psychosis hurts. My voices are nasty and critical, for the most part. I am working on a short story about my mental health journey but I am afraid it will be controversial and criticized. (if anyone reads it at all) I appreciate that no one has posted nasty comments for me. Thank you for reading this and trying to understand.

 What is religious psychosis?
Most mental health professionals will encounter patients with DRC because this type of delusion is relatively common in patients with symptoms of mania or psychosis. For example, in a study of 193 inpatients with schizophrenia, 24% had religious delusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment