Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Adjustment Bureau

There was a movie from 2011 that I never actually watched but it sounds good. I am not heavily into science fiction but it involves two individuals who meet and become smitten with each other. The catch is, if they do embark on their romance, they will likely never achieve their career & life goals. There is a give and a take to every relationship. Something has got to give. I wanted to marry young and have a large family. I found someone who wanted a wife who could stay at home with our children. The man who I always look back to and wonder about is now a married doctor with no children. Maybe he doesn’t like children? We didn’t end up together so perhaps we were never fated to be together,. Anyway getting married young and having a bunch of kids would have likely interrupted or altered the course of his career.  I am happy that I didn’t stand in his way and I achieved my dreams too. So again, no regrets!

Leigh: (whispering) You’re not fated to be with Keith Spellman so be forewarned! That’s all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment