Sunday, July 19, 2020

On that note...

Someone said to me
I want to go back to the 90’s
When everything was beautiful 
And nothing hurt

But I was not really loving my life then
I was already anticipating the future hurt and loss
That I would experience 
I knew it all along 

Life before mental illness 
Will always be rosier 
Did I even enjoy the sun
Or did I squander it?


Mental illness drove me
To make certain decisions 
In my life
I can’t turn back 
The hands of time
So I won’t focus on regrets 

Disclaimer: 
I share mental illness  stories 
And speak for the majority 
However I have a family 
I love them
And live for them
I prefer to look to the future for us
I thank my lucky stars for my kids 
Most people with mental illness 
Do not have children 
And are utterly alone
But I really am blessed and not depressed 


No comments:

Post a Comment