Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tripping out on this email!

I have a realtor friend who may be reading this blog but I am not sure. She was a neighbor who sold our house in 2015. Anyway we keep in touch via social media and she just sent me an email that felt so random. I don’t know that much about her besides she loves healthy food and possibly a bit bohemian. But this struck me as extremely hippie. I mean I think I am a hippie until I encounter someone who just completely out hippies me. I mean what have I been thinking? I always talk about how my parents never allowed me to apply to UC Santa Cruz because they said I was leaning “hippie.” I always regretted not even visiting there. What were my parents scared of and why did I listen to them? Well moments like this help me understand that it probably might have been too much of a culture shock anyway. Smoking a little reefer does not a hippie make, nor does it make you a dancing Deadhead. When I went to my one Dead concert in 1994 I felt out of place. I didn’t feel a sense of community. I felt peer pressure to take mushrooms and the girl who I drove to the show in Las Vegas was being super bitchy and this might have been the last straw in our friendship. I mean our friendship definitely splintered here and we “lost touch” as they say. I thought she was a super poser anyway so good riddance to her but you know at almost 49 years old just coming to terms with how square I really am and probably always was. I definitely don’t spend a lot of time walking around outside barefoot and I don’t think that would honestly help me in any way shape or form. But honestly my partner for so many years has been a scientist who would ask first, “Is there any scientific evidence that there is any benefit to doing this and who is actually doing the research? I mean this is kind of hogwash but I don’t live in Northern California or Santa Cruz so I can admit how feel and not play along with them in order to fit in. I mean whatever floats your boat but I am not going anywhere barefoot except on the beach maybe because I don’t want to look crazy here either!




I

 

No comments:

Post a Comment