Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Buckeye Police create registry program for individuals with autism, other disabilities.


OMG I would never wear a wristband saying I am schizophrenic. How embarassing! Oddly enough, when I was not taking my meds in 2014, I drove to Arizona, until I ran out of gas. I did not have my purse, or any money with me. I ran out of gas in Gila Bend and called the cops numerous times making no sense at all. I kept telling them that my house was being hexed. I was bummed that they did not drive over to help me. Looking back, I am glad they didn't drive out. Things could have been much worse if the cops were involved. The dispatcher surmised that my car died and advised me to call AAA.  AAA then towed me to Buckeye. Buckeye was like a modern day ghost town. The people I met in Buckeye were good to me, lending me money, and letting me use their phone to get help. Fortunately I have family in Scottsdale who came to help me. This article just flashed me back to when I was lost in Buckeye. I do think Buckeye needs to figure out a better solution than forcing Autistic and mentally ill people to wear wristbands so they do not get attacked by local police officers.

http://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/investigations/buckeye-police-create-registry-program-for-individuals-with-autism-other-disabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment