Tuesday, October 9, 2018

So funny story...or you may not see the humor in it. On Friday night, I had sharp pain in my right arm. It wouldn't go away. I was taking pain relievers, for a root canal that I had, earlier in the week. Nothing would stop my arm pain. I grew paranoid that something was seriously, medically wrong with me. I turned to Dr. Google who got me thinking that I possibly had a blood clot in my arm. I couldn't sleep that night. I imagined chest stiffness on my right hand side. Inexplicably, my paranoia escalated and I drove myself to the Emergency Room at 1:30 in the morning. Due to my antipsychotic, I am overweight with blood pressure and cholesterol issues. The ER admitted me for possible heart attack. After a long night, I was discharged with a clean bill of health.

I occasionally feel intuitive, but I also feel like my gift is unhoaned. I have never helped any one, due to the lack of clarity, in my clairvoyance. I have never successfully helped myself or anyone else from a premonition. Meanwhile my father is 82 years old and a caretaker to my mother, who had a brain aneurysm in 2013. He is so busy taking care of my mother, that he often fails to care for himself. 

He is on the other end of the spectrum from myself, who has paranoia about my medical health. He is oblivious and not concerned with his own caretaking. Last weekend, my father was wearing shorts. I noticed that one of his legs was tone and taut. The other leg was flaccid, with vericose veins. I commented on it, but did not press him on it. Today after his orthopedic surgeon noticed swelling in his right leg, he took an XRAY. He had blood clots in his right leg and was sent to the emergency room. He has just now been released from the hospital. 

I found it interesting that after all my blood clot anxiety and paranoia about myself, someone close to me, my father, really did have blood clots. Thankfully, my father is ok! :)

Update: My father has been diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis which will be monitored.

No comments:

Post a Comment