Friday, October 19, 2018

On my favorite social/therapy site, someone asked the question, “Do you ever have pleasant hallucinations?” From this discussion,  I learned a new term, (HPPD) Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder. For people who have experimented heavily with psychedelics, one might struggle with persistent flashbacks. I heard there is a television series called, True Detective, where Matthew McConaughey, plays a character with this disorder. I am curious to watch this show now.

I just started researching this, so I cannot say if this is the case, but the hallucinations involved with HPPD sound easier and lighter than mine. I wish my hallucinations were beautiful and positive. As for my visual hallucinations, I occasionally see people who are not really there, smiling at me.  However, my auditory hallucinations are, basically brutal. That is why I am taking a powerful antipsychotic. If my hallucinations were sunshine and roses, I would be off my meds and chasing butterflies somewhere. (I never wanted a never-ending trip, but that is what inevitably happened. I blame marijuana and psychedelic drugs for that.)

***I am blessed that my reality is much more pleasant than my psychosis, because it keeps me on my antipsychotic, and on the straight and narrow!

Click on the links below to read more about these topics! I will be!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

http://hppdonline.com/topic/3481-true-detective/

No comments:

Post a Comment