Saturday, October 27, 2018

Someone discussed the shamanic view of psychosis today, on a therapy site, that I frequent. This article raised my curiosity about Shamanism. I know nothing about Shamanism. When I went off my medications, I went searching for a Shaman to help me battle the individuals who I believed were practicing Santeria/hexing me. I called my only Native American family friend, who said that he would call me back. So, he NEVER called me back. I probably scared or offended him. I did not find it easy to find a shaman who would speak to me.  Shamanism sounds fascinating but, for my sanity, I need to accept their point of view and put it aside. "Psychosis is not the path to enlightenment or some spiritual perk."  I do feel sensitive and intuitive but I know I need to take my medications and focus on my reality!

This is an interesting article though! :)
https://upliftconnect.com/shamanic-view-of-mental-health/

Looking back on that misguided period in my life, and in light of today's synagogue attack, I think trying to use one religion to battle another religion, is a terrible idea. People need to let each individual, religious or non-religious, live their life and worship freely, if they so choose. I am saddened by today's events. Please let's stop the violence!




No comments:

Post a Comment