Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday-not-so-funday

I sat down with my siblings today to divide up some of the belongings from my mother, who died last year. We were dreading this day. It was stressful. It was heated. Seeing my mother's things again, reminded me of her and made me miss her. I got emotional a few times. After an hour and a half of intense negotiations, I had reached my limit. Things got weird for me. Eventually, I started hearing voices, which prompted my exit. I had to get out of there. The voices always seem to know when I am in a tense and stressful situation and they join in on the stress like gangbusters. 


Leigh: You are in hell, so be forewarned!

Federica: We hate you, so we are hexing you. Be forewarned.  So...what are you thinking of doing about Keith Spellman?

Esteban: We hate you, so we are hexing you! Be forewarned.

On my drive home, Esteban started singing along to a song that came on over the radio.  

Esteban: "Slip into the eye of your mind. Don't you know you might find. A better place to play. You said that you'd never been. But all the things that you've seen, slowly fade away. So I start a revolution from my bed, cause you said the brains I had went to my head. Step outside, summertime's in bloom. Stand beside the fireplace. Take that look from off your face. You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out! And so Sally can wait. She knows it's too late, as she's walking on by. My soul slides away. But don't look back in anger, I heard you say." (Or something like that. I may have turned the station away from that a few times, out of irritation.

I took 1/2 a Xanax when I got home and tried to relax. I was asked to pick something up at the store and start the laundry, as soon as I got home, which did not help me relax. The voices also had a field day with my agitation and frustration over that. No rest for the wicked, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment