Thursday, January 21, 2021

Relationship advice to live by


Whatever you do, don’t self-publish a book on Amazon about your relationship failing or your extramarital obsession! 😂

I got a notification email that I sold a book today, but every time I sell a book, I wonder if the buyer is just some nosy person, on the outskirts of my life, that doesn’t like me, or is it some really cool stranger who is truly interested in reading a unique book! 

I think my novella, The Voices, is truly unique because it is voice-driven dialogue. When I started having an episode once, I started blogging all the horrible things that the voices were saying to me. They started telling me a story and it turned into a book. People with psychosis have a lot of eerie stories to tell. Psychosis stories are frightening! No one can tell a spooky story like someone suffering from psychosis. I find that writers block isn’t a huge issue either,  because, in the moment, we are truly inspired. I take my medication religiously and advocate for that, but I still find that there are always many stories to tell. Actual events combined with the hallucinations in any given psychotic episode are really stranger than any fictional story someone could write.

No comments:

Post a Comment