Sunday, January 31, 2021

This is not a funny illness.

but I do feel amused and comforted occasionally, when I hear the stories of others who also suffer from schizophrenia. The voices have commanded me to many things while psychotic, from dangerous, illegal, to simply embarrassing. The voices always mess with me and their commands should never be obeyed. Here is one man's story where his voices commanded him to do something that would embarrass him needlessly.

"the voices keep commanding me to go to my local supermarket and shout out in front of people “i just want to say that im a virgin and proud, and the reason im a virgin is that im shy around girls, any of you girls fancy me?”

the voices keep commanding me to say things like this in my local supermarket, its very humiliating

why do the voices make me do this and how can i stop this behaviour?"

No comments:

Post a Comment