Monday, November 8, 2021

Sometimes

I was watching Oprah many years ago 

When she told her audience not to marry “the powerful business man type”

Essentially she was telling her largely female audience

Not to marry a man for money or regardless of the character of that man

I married for financial security anyway 

Sometimes I reflect on how I should have listened to Oprah

Sometimes is the key word here


***I got completely different input from my mother who felt that being upwardly mobile was an important quality in a husband 

I obeyed my mother and married in the direction she approved of

Should I have listened to Oprah?

I wonder…

If I had married a poor man, who was unable to provide for me financially, I may have ended up on the streets, in the case of a divorce.

I still could end up on the streets 

Money comes and goes if you aren’t careful with it. (Much like love)


Matteo: You are getting roasted now…for being a gold digger! 

Maeve: You are trying to upgrade from a chemist on a downward career trajectory to my successful radiologist husband so be forewarned! You money hungry bitch! You admit it! You are only after his money! Wait until Trey Sanders hears about this. He would be a fool not to suspect you to be the gold digger that you are, so be forewarned!


No comments:

Post a Comment