Monday, November 8, 2021

Reflection of the day

 I was sitting eating brunch outdoors with a friend 

And I was struck by how non-outdoorsy I really am

I was chatting and enjoying my avocado toast

When my food started getting attacked by a yellow jacket 🐝 

Now I am deathly afraid of bees

Then the restaurants beggar birds 🦅 joined in

And they were fighting over our food 

As we grabbed our plates and switched tables 

One of the birds chased off the bugger yellow jacket that started the chaos, we shooed away the birds, and we finished our meal in relative peace

But I said to myself that this was entirely too much nature for me

I don’t think that I am cut out for camping or extensive outdoor exploration.  If I can’t even relax and eat on an outdoor patio, I would hate to think of what sort of outdoorsman I would make?!



No comments:

Post a Comment