Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Womens insecurities and male plastic surgeons


 When people complain about women relying on plastic surgery to boost their self esteem and attract men, I get defensive. Yes women’s (my) vanity is an issue. But a bigger piece of the puzzle is  the fact that we so greatly seek male validation and attracting the male gaze. I admit it. I love when random men look at me and I get the impression that they are attracted to me. Around here, it doesn’t always get you far. We have extremely long stop lights and men spend their time frequently “female watching.” I get more flattered by men that I am actually attracted to. But the majority of men are just looking and probably have wives or live in girlfriends at least. 

There have been times in my life that I focused on a flaw in my appearance and chalked it up as the reason why I was single or not hooked up with someone who I was super attracted to. Anyway growing up in LA, California and now San Diego, California, I have always felt the competition here is stiff. People use plastic surgery to even the playing field and to reduce their own insecurities. I have used it. My mistake has been in trusting men simply because they were a doctor. A lot of plastic surgeons are just grifters. The doctor that I went to get a tummy tuck from pointed out new flaws that I didn’t even think of and talked me into a bunch of other things I wouldn’t have otherwise done. Why did I listen to his unsolicited opinion? Because he was a doctor, a male doctor and there is the grift! Doctors will point out flaws that you didn’t even think of and talk you into things under the guise of he’s trying to help you. He also told me that my breasts were too small and he ended up shoving some fat into them during the liposuction process. I didn’t give him permission to do that and then he tagged it  onto my bill, after the fact. Oh well! At least my breasts look good (for now!) But it seems like plastic surgeons always help you, possibly, with one thing,, and then completely screw something else up! Then you have to go and get that fixed! That’s why you can never really win with plastic surgery. The plastic surgery industry is rigged! You will probably never be satisfied with work done . Anyway, knowing that, has steered me away from plastic surgery addiction. I am 481/2 years old and although I have done some things in regards to plastic surgery, I have never done any Botox/ fillers and I actually think that I am done with all that. I would love for people to say that I aged gracefully. I am not 100% sure that is in the cards but “knock on wood”that I don’t cave in or ever seriously need a face lift! 

Oh, my original point was don’t blame women for their plastic surgery addiction, as if it was not caused by some unreal misogynistic female ideal that we are not supposed to age or god forbid gain weight. Don’t give me that women just have body dysmorphia. Behind every botched/overdone woman, there is a trusted male plastic surgeon telling them that they look great and to keep coming back for more work!

No comments:

Post a Comment