Tuesday, March 12, 2024

A recommendation from my psychiatrist

So when I visited my psychiatrist this week, she recommended that I begin box breathing exercises for coping with stress, creating calm, and improving my focus. Tonight I actually followed the directions and did it correctly. It sounds so simple but I think I forgot to hold my breath last night, which is an important step! Doh! Anyway this inhaling for 4 seconds, holding my breath for four seconds, and exhaling for four seconds takes me back to my younger years. This is basically the same breathing pattern for smoking marijuana, just without the marijuana. It’s just like riding a bike. I have not forgotten how to do this! It’s all coming back to me! Maybe I never needed the marijuana anyhow. I just needed some relaxation breath work to reduce my anxiety? Anyway I am feeling relaxed now and I’m going to continue doing this daily. Hopefully this helps!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment