Everyone has been talking about Nick Reiner having sanpaku eyes. Not everyone in active psychosis has these crazy eyes. I was looking at old photos to see if Nick always had sanpaku eyes or did they change when he started experimenting with drugs and triggering psychosis, in his young life. I do think the movie his parents made about him had to be extremely uncomfortable and triggering for him to be a part of. It was basically talking about he was the problem child and how difficult it was raising him. He was an expert on the situation and he was the center of the film. He was paid for his contributions and appearances, so he voluntarily took part. He had to have a lot of depression, insecurities, anger, and jealousy based on being labeled the problematic child.
If he wanted to be a filmmaker, like his Dad, or have a strong voice in this film, I could see him being constantly overrode and outshined. He probably hated living in the shadow of his father. He knew he was the black sheep of the family. He did the work and the appearances for the money, but what an awkward, embarrassing, uncomfortable experience! I really saw it in his eyes, in the photos from that publicity tour! Yikes! He was definitely triggered and psychotic then. It’s a very sad story. His other two siblings seem basically perfect. They all seem so nice too! I think he should remain, either in a mental hospital or in prison, because I worry that he is coming for his two siblings next, out of the worst kind of sibling rivalry. It’s a terrible situation!
I have seen the hiccups and backfires that can come, with the tough love approach, to helping family members with mental health and substance abuse issues. Drug addiction is a terrible never ending roller coaster ride, for the whole family, as is mental illness, when the individual doesn’t accept the intervention help.

No comments:
Post a Comment