Wednesday, July 17, 2019

I remember being exposed to The Phantom of the Opera in my high school drama class. I never thought I would develop a delusion very similar to this later. She speaks to a stalker/phantom in her mind? This IS my delusion.


The plot of Phantom is as follows: As Christine's star rises, and a handsome suitor from her past enters the picture, the Phantom grows mad, terrorizing the opera house owners and company with his murderous ways. Still, Christine finds herself drawn to the mystery man. Audiences agree—The Phantom of the Opera is Broadway's longest-running hit. Ever. 

Phantom of the Opera is actually a touch creepy if you think about it! She falls in love with a phantom that she speaks to in her mind?

In my daily life,  I think that I am the one being stalked here by someone from my past. There is no turning back time and I will not fondly reminisce about a relationship that never was.

I have decided to focus on my family/my world more and pay attention less to outside distractions. This means I am dedicated to having tunnel vision when driving and out in public. I am going to work on my people-watching obsession because it distracts me from my present life and triggers all these weird delusions for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment