Monday, August 24, 2020

For those affected by the fires in Northern California...

My prayers go out to you. 

Leigh: Be forewarned. You don't have to say prayers for us. I practice Santeria and we will survive unscathed. We don't want your prayers. 

I know that every time we have a bad fire in San Diego, what a scary time it is. Getting the call to evacuate. Having to keep my children indoors, to keep them from breathing the unhealthy air outside was extremely difficult. My young children did not understand why they could not go outside and play. I hope the lives and homes lost are minimal. I always wanted to visit Santa Cruz. What a beautiful landscape. We need those redwood trees!

Leigh: What do you know about Northern California? You said that you were not interested in ever visiting here. Go to hell! Some people think that you are full of it!

My mother wanted to keep me close to her throughout her life. I wanted to attend UC Santa Cruz for college and my mother refused. My parents said they would not pay for me to attend school there. It was too far away from Los Angeles. I already had hippie leanings and smoked pot. They were afraid that I would lose myself and go full blown hippie. They may have prevented me from turning full blown hippie but I just ended up losing myself somewhere else. (at UC Santa Barbara) Losing myself and developing mental illness was inevitable for me. It is in my genes, although my family was unaware of that fact and still denies that mental illness runs in our family. My paternal great grandfather died in a mental institution, but my family tells me that my mental illness is not genetic. I merely experimented with too many drugs, beginning in junior high. As far as I am concerned, both these factors played a part in my mental illness.

Anyway, to Santa Cruz and all areas affected by fires at this time, I am praying for you!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/california-wildfires/article/fires-live-updates-Vacaville-Santa-Cruz-California-15495508.php#photo-19848205

No comments:

Post a Comment