Thursday, February 4, 2021

Control: A poem

Getting distressed over

Things I can’t control

Appears to be another

Thing I can’t control



I continue to see people that I recognize from far away places here in my small town of Carlsbad. I wonder what they are doing here. It must be random or some case of mistaken identity, as they never stop their car to speak to me. They just drive past me a lot and then some days I don’t see them at all. It eats away at me when I don’t see them, instead of offering me some peace of mind. As the poem states, many things and people in your life are out of your control. I can’t decide whether I want to see these people or not, as no good comes of it and nothing really changes. It eats away at me, whether I see them or not! It is a never ending cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment