Tuesday, January 30, 2018

1/30/2018

I am definately not the winner of the Sunshine Blogger Award! I do not get a lot of feedback on my blog, but I do follow other bloggers who receive awards for their positivity. That may never be me.  I started this blog during the height of a major psychotic episode, while I was unmedicated. I used my blog to vent about the voices in my head. That was the purpose of this blog and it helped me. I do think it could potentially educate others who do not have psychosis, about the nature of voice hearing. Voice hearing tends to be negative, but not all voice hearers experience negative voices. I have heard many diverse stories of voice hearers. I have written a book about my psychosis and would love to make a movie too. I do not want the mental health community to rebuke my attempts at creativity. We are all so different in the mental health community and people tend to disagree about which is the best direction to go in, to represent ourselves. Maybe I will just become a psychological thriller writer, who happens to be schizophrenic. I intend to continue putting my story out there. My story IS edgy and I am, at times, funny, so that might sell. I do not think or write "boring" material.  I am also honest.  My psychotic break was not a walk in the park. It split my family apart. Thank goodness my medication kicked in and my family is whole again. Now I can write about more than just my psychosis. I can write about my daily experiences and be creative.  If all I ever have is this blog, so be it. I am having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment