Monday, June 25, 2018

OK, so I just watched a Sheena Easton video from the 1980's and noticed that she actually had a message about the music industry in her song lyrics. I remember loving the song "Strut" in the 80's but did not understand the message Sheena was trying to send in my youth. As an adult, I heard Sheena loud and clear. She speaking of the predators she has worked with throughout her career.

As I was browsing one of my favorite social media sites, schizophrenia.com, I curiously ended up on the selfie thread.(which I soon regretted) This thread is where certain individuals (mostly woman) brag about their looks and get positive feedback on their looks. It drives me crazy because some of these woman seem attention-starved and they get a lot of attention anyway. This one woman from the Czech republic, Sarad, was compared to the beautiful model Irina Shayk. She seemed offended by this, calling Irina a "fake feminist," and went on a rant about America. So, my point is, that I would never use the term "fake feminist" to describe someone. I appreciate any efforts made towards equality. This video, I believe, was Sheena Easton's attempt to bring to light sexual predators in the music industry. In my opinion, it is also a feminist video. I love it!




Speaking of this very subject...what is happening at the World Cup?



https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/world-cup-reporter-dodges-kiss-gets-apology_us_5b30f8bde4b00295f15f1f99?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067



No comments:

Post a Comment