Thursday, January 3, 2019

When your only therapy site makes you miserable

I try to keep it light on my blog, because I am basically happy. Life isn't perfect. It could be better, but I am happy. Today on the schizophrenia.com forums, I got into it with a moderator. I understand that the people running the site are also schizophrenic. I should empathize with them. I just get off that site, many times feeling worse, than when I went on. I try to crack jokes and no one is in the mood. For the most part, I feel that the people who frequent that site are down on their luck and miserable. I am afraid to post pictures of me with my kiddos smiling, and I do not dare share my good times, because I doubt it would help others. It would probably make them feel worse.

Even the site moderators are miserable. This one mod, TreeBeard, called me passive-aggressive and ignorant today. I don't need that in my life. He should be fired for that. People on that site try to take the wind out of my sails a lot. I may not go back. I like sharing some things that are posted on that site here. But as far as socializing goes, I would rather not. Those people are such downers and I actually get along better with non-mentally ill people. I feel blessed that I can have healthy friendships and relationships. I am curious about other schizophrenics, but I can't seem to get along with other schizophrenics. I find that so odd!

As flawed as schizophrenia.com is, that is the only website that I know of, where I can learn more about my illness and also meet other schizophrenics. I feel so alone sometimes, in terms of that. I am high-functioning, but still suffer from schizoffective disorder, and no one that I know can relate to that.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-superhuman-mind/201611/5-signs-youre-dealing-passive-aggressive-person

OK I googled passive aggressive to try and see where Treebeard was coming from. I am actually not that offended by this definition. It beats being aggressive and defensive, like Treebeard. I found his post about China to be off-topic and unsupportive. He is such a hypocrite. There was a post about the dark side of the moon, which intrigued me, and I saw that a mod (Treebeard) posted some demeaning comments about the Chinese government on it. I didn't see what that had to do with the dark side of the moon or schizophrenia for that matter. When I called him on it, he flagged me. He couldn't take my dissent. That was just odd. Those power-flaunting mods! Hypocrites, all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment