Monday, January 21, 2019

"Auditory hallucinations (voices) are cognition (thoughts), thoughts that have been shaped by both historical genocide and zeitgeist."

"Metacognition is the antidote to societal poison."

Just quoted from schizophrenia.com. So many schizophrenics are super smart. I just googled metacognition & zeitgeist for the definitions. I can honestly say I never have used these words in a sentence before.  I have so much to learn about my illness!


met·a·cog·ni·tion
/ˌmedəˌkäɡˈniSH(ə)n/
noun
PSYCHOLOGY
  1. awareness and understanding of one's own thought processes.




zeit·geist
/ˈtsītˌɡīst,ˈzītˌɡīst/
noun
  1. the defining spirit or mood of a particular period of history as shown by the ideas and beliefs of the time.
    "the story captured the zeitgeist of the late 1960s"


No comments:

Post a Comment