Saturday, January 5, 2019

Delusions of Reference

I suffer from delusions of reference. (See link below to the Wikipedia page about this.)

Let me explain. I have put effort into promoting my blog and book on the internet. At this point, I think that people around town notice me daily. They will either comment about me or laugh at me. Basically, I feel that I have become a small town celebrity in Carlsbad. I also have earned my fair share of haters, because of this. I think I see my stalkers driving around town laughing at me or just leering at me.

I have delusions of reference pertaining to Facebook. Now that all the profile pictures are public, I think that my stalkers are peeping my photos. Certain people who live locally, that I know are Facebook friends with my stalker/obsession, follow me around too.

As soon as I realized that two of Keith's friends live in my neighborhood, my delusions and voice hallucinations got kickstarted. This situation has always been too close for comfort. Living in north county coastal San Diego, everyone and their mother comes here on vacation. I do not blame them. San Diego is beautiful. It is just that, in living here, my delusions will be never-ending.

I tried flying elsewhere, to escape the voices in my head and delusions around town. It never worked. The stress of traveling only compounded my problems. The voices actually kicked up a few notches while traveling. I still have no desire to drive too far or fly.

Then there is the whole flattery of it all. If I were in a foreign place, where my stalkers were not, would I begin to miss them? I would go back to my ordinary life. I can't imagine a life without my imaginary friends, love interests, and haters. That is out of the cards for me anyway. I will always retain my imaginary life (delusions and hallucinations) to some degree, as my medication does not work 100% well.

Maybe I have it all wrong. No one I know probably ever reads my blog anyway. LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideas_of_reference_and_delusions_of_reference

No comments:

Post a Comment