Thursday, October 22, 2020

Discussion tonight

I was viewing a mental health discussion tonight, on social media, where people were repeating the best pearl of wisdom your therapist ever gave them. Truth be told,  my psychiatrist never leaves me with anything that I recall holding onto. I vent and she comforts me. She gives me advice to get me through the moment. Don’t get me wrong, she is very smart, but she is not a life guru, who leaves me with constant pearls of wisdom.

Corny as it may sound, I have gotten better advice in confession and in church. My priest told me many years ago that there is nothing that I don’t already have that I need in my life. Those are words to live by.

Also, he spoke once  of how love is very picky. We do not love everyone. Love is not fair, but that is just the way it is. You are not attracted to everyone you meet, nor do you love or fall in love with everyone. For a celibate priest, he gave a very insightful homily about love that day. It was very interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment