Sunday, June 6, 2021

Ode to a voice: Matteo

I always see you

In a Mercedes Benz or BMW

You appeared to smile 

But I didn’t smile back at you 

If I told you the reason why, you might be amused 

Seeing you around town

Has me feeling down 

I don’t know you at all

Due to the circumstances of our acquaintance,

I remain hidden behind a wall

What are you looking at 

What do you think of me

You are free 

To do as you please 

I wish the same could be said for me

We are different as can be 

A much younger man, from far away 

Who started spying on me one day

I do envy your looks and lifestyle and attitude 

I may be living through you vicariously 

Maybe that’s where the voices come from 

I desire to share experiences in your life and go to the places you go

As I feel, you do for me

Forever entwined in a strange relationship 

A roller coaster ride, out-of-body experience 

Although we have never met 

You have peaked my interest 

If only the words you spoke were kind

I would consider this a friendship of the most bizarre kind



Matteo: It's not my fault that you hear my voice in your head! It's your fault! You shouldn't have messed with Maeve's man!


No comments:

Post a Comment