Monday, June 14, 2021

Timing Is Everything

Timing is everything 
In life and love
If you decide to hide
And hesitate too long
Your soulmate will sail off with another

Timing is everything 
I wish I could revisit the moment when I ran
What I didn’t realize at the time 
Was that, in running away from fear, 
 & leaving it up to fate,
I lost that chance 

View from today 
Marriage is a hard bond to break 
Motioning to take someone’s spot down the way
Is a cruel move 
To make 
Because it involves breaking the hearts of many 
And the destruction of a loving, connected family 

If our paths never meet again 
I completely understand,
In my mind, 
And through my eyes,
You will always remain,
 The perfect man



What I thought I wanted to say today is actually a country song. He already wrote what I was going to say...kind of. 


Maeve: The perfectly married man! I hate to break it to you, but he’s not perfect, so be forewarned. I should know. I am his wife!






No comments:

Post a Comment