Monday, July 12, 2021

A blessing or a curse?

The road that I have taken in life has brought me some great blessings. Is my life perfect? No, but who has a perfect life?  I am not sure what it is, that leaves me wanting more. Over and over again,  I envision or hallucinate the-one-that-got-away-from-me. First he walked by me, carrying his surfboard, while I was playing with my children on the beach. I think that was in 2008. When I look around, I always see him. At least, when he makes his appearance, he always leaves his mark on me. Whether he is driving by me or walking past me, with his surfboard, he always distracts me, from my life. He distracts me from the here and now. He is very cute. But is this display, that I am witnessing, a blessing or a curse? I mean, it is nice to see him and he flatters me, but where do we go from here? That is what I want to know. If he is just meant to be a fleeting tease, I will carry on with my life. I don’t know where he is right now, but I am confident that he will be back. He just can’t help himself!

Maeve: Oh stop! You don’t know where he is?  Give me a break!

The real curse is the trio of voices that I hear, related to this messed up, turn of events. Is Trey in Carlsbad, courting me, in a sense? Or am I imagining this whole thing? What is happening??

Maeve: As if, you have done nothing to grab his attention and claw him away from me??

Chiara: fantasizing about Trey, as she drifts off to sleep.“A love like that would break me for sure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment