Friday, July 30, 2021

Bird of despair (a poem)

A bird sings a lonely song

In the dead of the night

Calling for her lost mate

Who was killed by a snake

Still she calls out

Unable to face

Her life is over

Keeping hope alive.

***Great poem! I didn’t write this, but it is eerily similar to my psychosis, and the story that my voices are spinning. Yikes! It is amazing how similar two people can think and struggle, in this Illness.

Maeve: Whatever you say, bitch, whatever you say! Who is the bird, in this scenario? Huh? I know that you are talking about me here and I don’t like it one bit. How dare you!

Matteo: Your little poem offended my friend and family member, Maeve. Stupid bitch! People aren’t stupid. They know that is not her real name, so be forewarned. You edit out all of the things I say to you because I burn you so bad. Be honest! You’ve spent the entire quarantine picking your nose and plotting to try and steal Maeve’s husband. How’s that going, anyway? He is nowhere to be found. Be forewarned. 

Valentina: What a moron for typing all that down and posting it online??!! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment