Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Doomed to be alone (a poem)

Doomed to be alone

I put my fantasy man on a throne

Although he keeps playing mind games 

With a little help from his friends 

This feels like 6 Degrees of Separation 

He and my numerous stalkers

Take me back in time

To good times and bad

I see people from my past

Sometimes I have to take a double take

Is that who I think it is

I can’t believe my eyes

Some of you just like to look

Wishing you were the soulmate in my book

Sometimes I wonder 

Who are the people looking back at me 

Nothing more than my mental mess

Waiting for that happy ending 

I created you

But I don’t know the real you

I hope to finally meet and connect with you 

For now I lie in wait

For my man to leave his precious life and wife

And join me in mine

I know that I will be single for life

Nothing more than a figment of my imagination 

I should take him off this throne

Stuck in a strange zone

Doomed to be alone 


Trey: I have been dropping hints left and right and you call me a stalker in your poem? And where did you get that weird name Trey? Not my name! 

(Later in the evening)

Trey: We’re good

(Even later)

Trey: Why would you call me a stalker though?

Maeve: His “epic” wife and life, you mean? Trey Sanders isn’t going anywhere with you, so be forewarned!



No comments:

Post a Comment