Thursday, March 8, 2018

When I was deep in psychosis, it felt like I was repeating the same day over and over again. I heard the same words day after day after day. I was in hell. I could relate to this movie, in a lot of ways. Now that I am feeling better, I can watch Groundhog Day and laugh. 


Phil Connors[edit]


This is one time where televisionreally fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

What would you do if you were stuck in one place, and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?

There is something so familiarabout this. Do you ever have déjà vu?

wake up every day, right here, right in Punxsutawney, and it's always February 2nd, and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.
  • I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?
  • Once again, the eyes of the nation have turned here to this... tiny village in western Pennsylvania. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. There is no way this winter is ever going to end, as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don't see any other way out. He's got to be stopped. And I have to stop him.
  • You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

Rita Hanson[edit]
  • Sometimes I wish I had a thousand lifetimes. I don't know, Phil. Maybe it's not a curse. Just depends on how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment