Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I am working on my writing and becoming a language geek, at the same time. Check out the funny and interesting article below.  This article discusses current language trends in America.  I often find myself using the term, "literally," as my children do. I just learned today, that in most cases, I mean "figuratively" when I say "literally." Well, that is good to know!

https://medium.com/s/story/10-new-language-trends-that-are-older-than-you-think-f34a6d1ec087

Along the lines of verbiage, I had an epiphany last night. When referring to my internal voices, I often call them by specific names. I have a name for each voice. They are based on real people, who are complete strangers to me. I do not want to give my fears power over me. I also do not want to further offend the individuals, who I based my fears on. I only have two major voices at this point, a male and a female. From now on, I will refer to them as my male internal voice and my female internal voice.  I do not know where these voices come from, other than, within my own mind. These voices/personalities are not based in reality.  My internal voices often refer to themselves, in first person, which complicates things a bit. I will try my best not to refer to them by the names I have been throwing around anymore.  I want to, somehow, break up the power these voices have over me. I do not want to fight with, or irritate, the real individuals that I have been blaming my voices on any further.  I also do not want to get sued for slander. LOL We will see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment