Friday, August 3, 2018

Today, I had my biggest disappointment of the summer. My daughter had been attending rock camp this week.  She was all set to be the lead singer for her camp band. But throughout the week, the kids (boys) bullied her too much. The boys goofed on her long nails, drawing, and singing. One boy said, "Your nails are so long, that you don't even need a guitar pick. You could just use your nails." When they played games, she noticed all the boys were rooting against her. She felt like no one liked her there. They are just jealous! She was the only one there with any raw talent!

 My daughter is a very sensitive girl, on the Autism Spectrum. She has emotional dysregulation, which some children on the Autism Spectrum have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_dysregulation

So, ultimately, she refused to perform today. We left feeling defeated. I envied the other parents  whose children performed. I also judged them, for having such bullies and brats for children. I felt judged too. I had been so excited and ready to film her and post her great performance here.  She was supposed to sing "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay. I think she can really sing it too. She has a very sweet voice.

On the only positive note of the day, (and I don't want to jinx it) but we left, before I got so upset, that I started hearing voices. No voices? I can barely believe it myself. I might shed a few tears though.



No comments:

Post a Comment