Friday, December 7, 2018

Heal Your Heart

On the therapy website I frequently visit, we were discussing fixating on people this evening.  Other SZ/SZA individuals were sharing stories similar to mine, which was comforting. Although I can't help but worry that some of these people I was sharing with are not really schizophrenic or stalkers trying to embarass me. Sharing details of your personal life story and illness, with a support group, can be challenging. It conjurs up my paranoia about the intentions of the people that I am sharing with.

So anyhow, one member recommended this book/method to mending a broken heart and ending the fixation on your ex/crush. It is called "The Tapping Solution: Heal Your Heart." I might have to check this out. Please see the link below for more information.

https://www.thetappingsolution.com/healyourheart/

We noted tonight how difficult it is to get over your fixation when you keep hallucinating seeing them. My medication does not help with this. My therapist and I have not begun trying to curb my fixation through therapy. I believe it is mostly harmless and not overly consuming of my life, so working on this is not a priority.

Meanwhile, here I am dedicating songs and serenading the fixation, who "doesn't know I exist," according to the voices in my head.

"You live inside me."-Toni Braxton




No comments:

Post a Comment