Thursday, February 21, 2019


My friend, Donna, played this song for me today and it really moved me. My friend told me that every time she hears this song, she thinks of me. She also thinks this song should be my anthem. Lauren Dagle is a Christian turned pop artist. There is a spirituality to her music, which I appreciate. When my friend played this song for me, I started to cry. I thought it was so sweet.

I remember when I was younger, I would tell my friends my problems and they would tell me that "they weren't my therapist," and to "stop telling me your problems, I have enough problems of my own." After losing touch with those friends, I lacked close friends for many years.

Fortunately, I have finally found my tribe. Today my friend, Donna, told me that she was honored that I candidly share with her my problems. I guess, they key is not to abuse that privilege, and to reciprocate when my friends need a comforting confidante. 

No comments:

Post a Comment