Sunday, February 10, 2019

Someone on schizophrenia.com started a thread calling this vlogger a "beautiful schizophrenic." Someone else commented that there are other beautiful schizophrenics out there. So, first of all, I appreciate this blog. I don't know her name but she is beautiful, knowledgeable, and well-spoken.



I couldn't help comparing myself to her though. I know that is unfair and pointless. When everyone started raving about her, I just started stinking thinking. Well, I only take one antipsychotic; she takes two. I think we are both (probably) high-fuctioning SZ/SZA. We both have breakthrough symptoms on our medications. She is lucky to have the support of her boyfriend, who makes sure she takes her medications. I am responsible for taking my own medications. I do not have anyone on top of me to do that and I manage it very well myself.

I do not have the same delusion about the medication being poison, as she does. I am a very pro-pharma person. My husband is a chemist for a pharmaceutical company. It is a very noble profession. I believe that the chemists creating these medications are not just working for profit, they would love the satisfaction of creating a product that betters and prolongs life!

That being said, I found this video very educational. She is a very good, well put-together, mental health advocate and I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment