Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Have you ever received an F in school?

Someone asked this question today. Oh man! In college I really needed to study more and party less in my freshman and sophomore years. I received an F in Art History because it was a hard class where you had to memorize at least 75 paintings and the dates/periods they were painted. That class was impossible for me. I took music appreciation which I assumed would be easy. It was not that easy because I never spent the time to listen to the classical music.  It gets worse. I mean I was supposed to be having the time of my life in college, but the fact that I got a C- in Sex Ed and the Alcohol/Drug class tell you everything you need to know. I didn’t come out of college much smarter than I went in. Seriously there was a lot of biology in Sex Ed sand chemistry in the drug and alcohol class and science isn’t my strong suit. So yes I have received an F before not to mention retaking math over every summer of my life. One of my math teachers called it math phobia. I definitely had a mental block to grasping Algebra. Thankfully I have never had to use Algebra in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment