Friday, November 4, 2022

Check this out!

 https://www.matthewwolfe.net/research

So today I received an email from a stranger named Matthew Wolfe. He is an esteemed writer and sociological researcher at NYU. Had I been more well-read, I might have known that already. He actually read my published article at OC87 Recovery Diaries in which I mentioned that I was considered a missing person at one point in my life. Basically my Dad called the police and reported me missing once, when I was off my meds, and disappeared for a few days. Matthew wanted to ask me a few questions and left his contact information. So I obliged and helped him with his research today. I don’t know how much help I was though. My missing persons case was closed when I got the psychiatric help that I needed. He mentions in one of his articles about “white women syndrome” and how missing white women get prompt attention and publicity. I am very glad that I came home from my excursions within a few days and my case was closed quickly. I am glad that I won’t be haunted by Missing Persons posters and news stories for the rest of my life. I wonder if anyone would have made such a public fuss about little old me? So anyway, now I am following the research of Matthew Wolfe and hopefully I helped him in some way. If he publishes any articles where he uses the material we discussed, I asked him to let me know and I will share it here.  Finding missing persons and learning more about the process of finding missing persons is a very interesting and important topic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment