Tuesday, December 6, 2022

That’s so last century!

Did you close the door on me

In the last century? 

Or are you, like me

Still pining for my college crush.

Seeing him in passing cars

And cloud formations

So many years after graduation.


#Dammit I just wrote another poem about him!

Maeve: You are so last century! Your connection to my husband is truly ancient history! I hate your poem! I  hate your new tee shirt too. I must tell you that a person who is a free spirit doesn’t wear a mass produced tee shirt that reads “Free Spirit” across it. I should know because I am truly a bohemian free spirit. I am a proud hippie in my heart and soul. You are not, however. You don’t know what you are. A free spirit is an individual’s Je ne sais quoi! It is the vibe you give off. Your essence. You, my nemesis, are not a free spirit but a poser in a cheesy statement teeshirt! You are fooling no one! Free spirit? Pshh! More like clueless homebody. Give it up! You are not worthy of Trey Sanders and your efforts to attract him will always be fruitless. Be forewarned!

No comments:

Post a Comment