Friday, December 2, 2022

I am feeling California…

 I am feeling California but looking New Jersey or Staten Island, I guess. I was born and raised in California and I love it here. I would never want to move out of state. I always get from tourists and the non-Californians that I meet, how un-California I look. My curly dark hair and my dark Italian features screw me up every time. I have lived in Carlsbad since 1999 and I am constantly reminded by people that I despise how weird I am, for living so close to the beach and rarely getting my toes in the sand or going in the ocean. “Locals” and assorted surfers are the reason I avoid heading further west than my fathers house. You all are shitty people down there but San Diego is actually very diverse so I prefer to hang with the majority of non-surfers, who are wonderful and “my people.”  You can keep your beach, but I am definitely not leaving Carlsbad because (to the ignorant who never noticed) I have lived here since 1999 (before many of you were born.) I am a local now and not going anywhere. So there!

*I guess this is a frivolous post compared to what messages Kanye West has been putting out into the world.  I stand with my Jewish friends and the Jewish people.

No comments:

Post a Comment