Wednesday, December 6, 2017



So, I know I look like a deer in the headlights here. The voices have been wishing cancer on me for years. Well a few months ago, their wish came true. I noticed a bit of cancer on my nose.  It turns out, I had basal cell carcinoma. I feel like the cancer came out of nowhere. Growing up in California, I wasn't a beach baby or anything. But due to a lack of awareness about sunscreen, when I did go to the beach, I got a few nasty sunburns. After scheduling my Moh's Surgery, I tried to sort out my feelings about the cancer. I joked about feeling "very California" and "actually Irish." But waiting weeks for my surgery got to me. I had cancer but had to wait for an appointment to get rid of it. So finally today I had my Moh's Surgery from the best Moh's doctor in Del Mar. (Dr. Jeffrey Eaton) I highly recommend. He is kind of a flirt though. ;) Having cancer on your nose is humbling. I might have to have reconstructive surgery.  I do not know what to expect when I take the bandage off. On the bright side, considering today was very scary and stressful, I barely heard any voices. My Vraylar was working and I did not even take any Xanax. So I consider today a win. I am now cancer-free and hope to stay that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment