Saturday, April 13, 2019

OMG I remember Hands Across America! On Sunday, May 25, 1986, in Brentwood, CA, my friend Valerie and I, sang and held hands with complete strangers, in order to raise awareness and money about poverty/homelessness. What hippie thought of Hands Across America? Probably my truest hippie moment happened there at 11 years old. This was definately that moment!  Unfortunately my activism has decreased to nothing since then.  

Recently, this event has taken heat for failing to get every last person to take part in it or to raise enough money to solve the problem of homlessness. I know whoever organized this event had a good heart and good intentions. We need more moments of unity, like Hands Across America!




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hands_Across_America

No comments:

Post a Comment