Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Dr Seuss

Today I watched the news about our San Diego hometown hero, Dr. Seuss, being called out for racist imagery in 6 of his books. These were books we never had in our collection, so I never read them fortunately.  I have a hard time accepting him to be a racist. His books brought such joy to so many. Also, he is deceased now and cannot defend himself. I want to believe that he was a good man. I want to do better myself though, and be an anti racism ally.


https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/02/us/dr-seuss-books-cease-publication-trnd/index.html


Apparently, scandal is not new to Dr Seuss though. I read that his mentally-ill first wife committed suicide, after finding out that he was having an affair. Her suicide note is published on her Wikipedia page. His second wife (Audrey) was originally his mistress! I am shocked!


 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Palmer_(author)

What can I say? Doctors and genius artists have the love and respect of way too many women. It is a very competitive world and they are hot prospects for romantic partners.


No comments:

Post a Comment