Monday, May 21, 2018

I know I am going to catch hell for saying this but here I go...I accidentally left the t.v. on this morning and went to the gym. When I came back home, Days of Our Lives was on t.v.  I do not normally watch soap operas because I have always thought that they are ridiculous and far-fetched. I did notice that there was a Latin American character on Days named Mateo, the drug lord. This made me laugh to myself. A Latin American drug lord infiltrates and terrorizes some Caucasian clique. Is anyone offended by Mateo, the drug Lord, on Days of Our Lives?  I scoured the internet and no one seems offended by this character. Soap Operas get away with alot! Not only that, Telemundo has made famous a host of shows geared at Latin Americans about drug lords and other stereotypical characters. This gives me hope that someone might eventually be interested in my story about Mateo (or Esteban) the Santeria-practicing villain. If I cast real Latinos, maybe people would be receptive. You never know! Everyone loves Mateo, the drug lord, from Days. He has been around for years, apparently. If you are interested in a story with Latino leading characters, you can find my book, The Voices, on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Danielle-Flore/dp/0692956964/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526952890&sr=8-1&keywords=the+voices+danielle+flore


https://www.soapoperanews.net/2018/05/andoni-gracia-returns-to-days-of-our.html

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read a little bit from your book - the preview they give on amazon - and it looks really good. almost like an interior monologue. like peering inside your head.

    question - do you think a lack of virtue also had something to do with your psychosis? it's funny, i grew up somewhat similar to you - really bad crowd, drugs, highly stressed, i was extremely bullied, and then i bullied other people - and all the while i felt like i was losing my humanity. i can look back now and say that i lost my virtue in those dark times. i've managed to regain it, but losing it back then made me ill and brought about my psychosis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I learned the difference between right and wrong at a young age so I always had a healthy sense of Catholic guilt when I would make mistakes. In high school, college, and beyond the mistakes I made got greater and greater. I beat myself up a lot about my past. There are more mistakes and traumas that I left out of my book because they are too much for me to discuss. So yes I do think I lacked virtue in the past and still have my moments. That's an interesting point.

    ReplyDelete