Sunday, May 13, 2018

I talk a lot about the worst of times, in terms of my illness, on this blog. Fortunately, my meds seems to be working better and better over time. I cannot remember the last time  the voices tormented me. (I suppose that I could merely look back on this blog to check on that.) In the heat of torment by voices, I found it hard to be optimistic about my illness. Now that I am feeling better, I know that things could be worse. Less and less do I sit around asking,  "Why me? Why was I afflicted with this disease?" I am lucky to be otherwise healthy.  Antipsychotics cause nasty, uncontrollable weight gain. The trade off to that is that I am stable, voice-free, and feel blessed to be living the life I am living.





1 comment:

  1. there's no special reason why any of us get sick or have disease or no feet. it's simply a natural condition of living in the world. we may have been perfect at one time and probably we will be again but not presently. it's sad and seems unfair until i realize earth chose for me to have an illness but she also chose good things for me too and i have to take the good with the bad.

    ReplyDelete