Thursday, May 10, 2018

There was a lockdown at my children's school today. Today was the second time I took part in a lockdown. I find it strange that I was on campus both times. Fortunately, they were both false alarms. I am also grateful that, while I was hiding with other parents in the staff cafeteria, I did not hear voices. I tried to remain calm and quiet. I had a hunch it was another false alarm today, as I was just outside, and didn't see anything suspicious. I did worry that my children were frightened. That was the hardest part, thinking they were scared inside their classrooms.  Why did I feel safe? Maybe it was my intuition again. I do believe in God and feel that he is watching over us. I have not heard voices yet today. Knock on wood. I feel proud that I kept my cool and did not say anything too weird that would panic those around me. The police came and cleared the campus. My children are o.k. and not too traumatized by the lockdown drill. I finally came home with my children and now it is time to decompress. I just turned on Classic MTV and watched this video. It made me feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment