Monday, May 7, 2018

My friend shared this on Facebook and I agreed with the sentiment. Then I noticed the photo below. The joke forgot to mention "& the Voodoo guy walks into the bar with them." I guess the Voodoo guy was harder for me to accept.  I know very little about Voodoo and Santeria. I do have some fear of these religions. Growing up Catholic and going to Catholic school, I was isolated from people of other religions socially. From my adult experiences in cyberspace, I have been verbally attacked by Athiests and Wiccans especially. I felt hate from them. I do not hate anyone. HATE is a strong word.  I avoid people who send me bad vibes though. I just don't need that in my life. So is this idea of religious tolerance & friendship realistic? We have a long way to go from what I see.





When I was in Fourth grade, my friend Valerie made this sign that said, "People Are People." She talked me into taking it to school with her and presenting it to the class. I didn't really get what that had to go with anything. Maybe she just really liked the song by Depeche Mode. The picture above just reminded me of that day at school. Why is it so hard for us to get along?


No comments:

Post a Comment