Friday, May 11, 2018

Wow! I can relate to her delusional quest for romantic love. What is it about Arizona that attracts the mentally unstable and unmedicated? I did the same cross country trek to Arizona during my psychotic break in 2014. Fortunately, only supportive family members greeted me there.  In my episode, I believed I was the one being stalked and harassed. It was not the other way around. I am grateful not to have experienced any violent, homicidal delusions! That was not my scenario. Someone remarked to me today that this woman was "absolutely exploited." There was no lawyer present when she was interviewed. When this woman comes around psychologically, she will be mortified. This news story will follow her around for the rest of her life.

In this unstable woman, I see the need/desire for love in her heart. She has love to give. She wants love, but she needs to get healthy before finding real romantic love. Vraylar or another antipsychotic could help her so much! I have empathy for her, despite her frightening delusions. Thankfully, she was apprehended before acting on any violent delusions. Now that she is in custody, hopefully she will get the help she needs. Sending my prayers out to her!


https://www.12news.com/article/news/crime/i-just-want-to-love-him-so-much-accused-paradise-valley-stalker-speaks-from-jail/550985818

After discussing this further on schizophrenia.com, someone posted this article about the work NAMI is doing to help keep people with mental illness out of jail and get them the help they need.

https://www.nami.org/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2018/New-Initiative-Helps-Keep-People-with-Mental-Illne


***Talking about my mental illness online may be viewed as oversharing or self-exploitation by some, but many mental health advocates believe that discussing these issues may educate others and bust stigma. Schizophrenia is the most stigmatized mental illness. I hope I am helping in some way by sharing and not hurting the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment