Thursday, February 24, 2022

Accident this morning

Today I had a front row view to a traffic accident. A boy from La Costa Canyon high school was traveling on an ebike up La Costa and was hit by a car making a left turn onto Levante. It was terrible to witness and I hope the boy is okay. Here’s the thing!

I have this delusion that I am a muse to musicians and celebrities who travel down to Carlsbad because they think that driving past me is good luck. They also think that I am cool for being schizoaffective, like Syd Barrett. Anyway, if I am such good luck why couldn’t I stop this? I didn’t even get out of my car or call 911. Bring on the feelings of guilt!

Now I have this paranoid feeling that someone is going to put my picture on the crappy neighborhood website Nextdoor for being a horrible human being and not doing the right thing to help the boy and be a Good Samaritan. I am apparently not that! 😢 

After I dropped my son off at school I circled back to the accident, told the police that I witnessed the accident, and asked the police if they needed any more information and they said no and sent me away. Weirdly enough I thought I saw Andy Dick driving past me when I was walking away from police. Someone once accused him of not doing enough to help his friend Phil Hartman from his out-of-control wife.  So we have this in common. Anyway, I could have done more to help, in this instance, of the accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment